|2019 - present||Postdoctoral Researcher in the Urogenital Engineering Group, ARTORG Center, University of Bern, Switzerland|
|2017 - 2018||Postdoctoral Researcher in the TMFC (turbulence, mixing and flow control) Group, Department of Aeronautics, Imperial College London, UK|
|2013 - 2017||
PhD (Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher) in Fluid Mechanics, Department of Aeronautics, Imperial College London, UK
|2012 - 2013||
Research Fellow, Department of Aerospace
Engineering and Mechanics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
|2010 - 2012||Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA|
|2005 - 2009||
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Mechanics, Department of Aeronautic Science and Engineering, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, China
- Experimental fluid mechanics
- Biomedical fluid mechanics
- Advanced flow measurement techniques (e.g. PIV)
List of publications
1. S. Zheng, P.J.K. Bruce, C. Cuvier, J.M. Foucaut, J.M.R. Graham, J.P. Laval, J.C. Vassilicos, “On the rectangular fractal grid generated turbulence”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2019, in revision.
2. S. Zheng, P.J.K. Bruce, J.M.R. Graham, J.C. Vassilicos, “Weakly sheared turbulent flows generated by multiscale inhomogeneous grids”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2018, 848, pp 788-820.
3. C. Cuvier, S. Zheng, and J.M. Foucaut, ” Stereo PIV measurements of turbulence generated by a rectangular fractal grid”, Proc. 18th International Symposium on the Application of Laser and Imaging Techniques to Fluid Mechanics, Lisbon, Portugal, July 4-7, 2016
4. S. Zheng, E. Longmire, “Perturbing Vortex Packets in Turbulent Boundary Layers”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2014, 748, pp 368-398.
5. S. Zheng, E. Longmire, “Flying PIV Investigation of Vortex Packet Evolution in Perturbed Boundary Layers”, Proc. 10th International Symposium on Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV-13), Delft, Netherlands, July 2 - 4, 2013.
6. S. Zheng, E. Longmire, “Perturbing Spanwise Modes in Turbulent Boundary Layers”, Proc. International Symposium On Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomenon (TSFP-8), Poitiers, France, Aug. 28 - 30, 2013.
1. S. Zheng, P.J.K. Bruce, J.M.R. Graham, J.C. Vassilicos, “Turbulence-generating grid and method of design and manufacture therefor”, PCT/EP2016/078209.